Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Very Own Architecture


Close to Home

I have been interested in the architecture of the Denver Art Museum ever since I went there for the very first time. I am a big fan of old Renaissance architecture, which is usually very symmetrical and orderly, so this building was quite a shock to me. It was so different than what I was used to seeing that it made me looked at architecture differently.






I really liked how the building seemed to be shooting out in all directions, with no real rhyme or reason to it. It was random. Yet with a real plan to it.




All of the angles and movement of the strcuture made it look completely unique from different viewpoints....inside and out. This picture suggests that some people might fall off the ledge!


The Denver Art Museum really is a one-of-a-kind building, and I am really proud to be able to say that it is located in my home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment