Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sidewalk Art

I have always wondered how artists have been able to use perspective and original designs to create street art. I have seen some of these designs and I am amazed at how realistic and complicated they are. They are usually made with chalk, and take hours upon hours to complete. Sometimes even using the surrounding buidings and objects to complete the design.






This amazing piece is by Edgar Muller and is a "Lava Burst [that] transformed a typical German street into a scene from the apocalypse for the 30th anniversary of the international competition of street painters in Geldern". When I first saw this picture I thought it had to be a digtal design, because the level of detail and pure scale of this project seemed so immense. I also though how he used the cars parked on the strret and the manhole cover integrated into the desgin was brilliant.




This large canyon picture was another amazing piece by Muller. I looked into it more online and found a video of him actually making it, and thought the process was very intricate.

Here is the link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNYtd0Ayt0

No comments:

Post a Comment