Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Means of Artwork


More Public Art


I was looking around online for more forms of public artwork, for which I did one of my earlier blogs on, and I found an interesting video. It was similiar to a motion flip-book, where a person turns the pages and a series of images create the image of movement. This was different however, because the video showed the same flip art perspective, but with using stickers on the part of an escalator where people put their hands to hold on. It really intrigued me because I had never thought about anything like that, and I though it was an ingenious, if somewhat time consuming, way of expression.


I posted the link to the video:



I liked the imagery that the person used in this video, because it showed transforming objects and shapes, which would be perfect for such a medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment